Wednesday 26 October 2016

Doctor Strange

Tonight it was off to Cineworld in Bexleyheath to see Marvel's latest film Doctor Strange.

Doctor Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) is a brilliant yet arrogant neurosurgeon whose life is turned upside down when he barely survives a devastating car accident. Embarking on a journey of self-discovery, he travels to the Far East where he becomes the protégé of the mysterious Ancient One (Tilda Swinton). A mystical being she opens Stephen’s mind to extraordinary alternate dimensions, which Stephen eventually learns to manipulate in his new guise as superhero Doctor Strange. Soon Stephen’s abilities are put to the ultimate test when villainous Kaecilius (Mads Mikkelsen) threatens the future of the entire world.

I'm a big fan of the Marvel films and Doctor Strange did not disappoint me. It's up there as one of my favourites already. I guess it was the use of magickal concepts that I can relate to that really made it resonate.

You won't here me say this very often but I think this is one film that might actually be worth seeing in 3D. We saw the 2D version and the visual effects were stunning and I can really see how a 3D showing would enhance things for the better. A return trip might be on the cards.

Here's the trailer as a taster:

No comments: